Hidden scars, chapter 24

 Hidden scars



Episode 24

Next day
Whitney pov
I closed the barn doors making sure all the cows were in before locking it shut, I brought out the new phone I just bought in putting Jack's number before dialing it.
It rang for some time before he picked up
📲Hello📲
📲Hey, hello Jack 📲
📲Whitney? Is that you📲
📲Yeah it's me, just called to check up on you and my siblings📲
📲so nice to hear your voice after a long time and yes we're all fine, we miss you though, especially me, I have no one to tease over here📲
I chuckled at his statement
📲so you only miss me cause you don't have someone to tease huh?📲 I asked relaxing my back on the barn door.
📲not just that but its included 📲 I rolled my eyes, I could feel him smirking at the other side of the phone.
📲by the way how my dad, Is he okay, I hope his not worried about me📲 I asked worried about dad,
📲he's fine and healthy but a little worried about you, it's really not been easy since you left, here has not been fun without you📲
📲yeah it has not been easy for me too, I mean this my first time to be away from my family for so long, it's really hard for me📲 I said sighing
📲Aww,, don't worry champ you'll get through this okay, there's no need to feel down📲 I smiled, Jack always have a way to cheer me up
📲thanks Jack, what would I do without you📲
📲You'll always have me, and besides that's what besties are for📲
📲by the way where are you, are at a farm cause it sound like cows and chickens in the background 📲
📲oh yes, about that, that's one of the things I have to tell you guys, call me later by 5 with the others I have so much to tell you guys📲 I said
📲ok, sure we'll do that, call you later📲 he said before hanging up. I brought the phone down from my ear, feels good to talk to someone I'm familiar with.
Feeling better I headed back to the farm house to change my clothes before heading to the hospital.
Getting to the hospital I looked for a suitable place to park my car before getting down and walking into the hospital. I walked straight to Timmy's ward and there she was sitting by the window staring into space.
I smiled walking up to her
"Hi good morning " I greeted facing her, she turned to face me with an expressionless face.
The door to the bathroom in the ward suddenly opened revealing a nurse carrying towels.
"Oh I'm sorry miss, I didn't know someone was in the room " she said bowing
"Oh no, it's okay, but what were you doing there" I asked
"Its time for the patient to have her bath now" she replied
"Oh ok then I'll excuse you " I said before glancing at Timmy, I gave her a smile before walking out of the ward to give them some privacy.
I walked to doctor Justin office and knocked
"Come in"a husky voice replied , I opened the door and stepped in.
"Just drop the records there I'll sort them out later" he said, hes back was facing me so he didn't see me.
Hmmm hmmm i cleared my throat alerting him of my presence, he turned to face me .
"Oh miss Whitney I didn't know it's you.... come have a seat" he said nervously hiding what he was holding behind his back which I found suspicious but ignored.
"Its alright, I came to see the reports of Timmy the patient I assigned to you" I said
He nodded bringing out a file from one of his drawers, he stretched it to me, I collected it and began going through it.
"She has made real good improvements since she started receiving treatment, her private part is healing fast same goes to the injury on her back and she should be able to talk any moment from now, but we've discovered a new development" he said all this in one breath
"What doctor, is something wrong " I asked anxious
"Well, it depends on how you'll take the news, she's appears to pregnant, 2 months to be precise" he said
Seriously, first she was raped then traumatised and now she's pregnant
"Oh, well just make sure she's okay and receives proper treatment, I'll tell her so she'll decide if she'll keep the baby " I said standing up with the file.
"Ok, um..... Whitney I have a favour to ask" he said walking up to me
"I'm all ears" I said, he took more steps towards me
"Um.... I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me tonight, just the both of us" he said stepping a little too close to me
"I'm flattered but I don't do dates" I said taking a step back.
"Why not, it's just the both of us, i promise you won't regret it, please say yes" he pleaded
"Sorry but the answer is still no" I said walking out of his office.
💭He wants to go out on a date with me imagine, do I look like someone in his category💭 I thought walking back to Timmy's ward.
I got back to her ward and went in, she was already changed and the nurse had a hair brush in her hand.
"You guys are done" I asked walking up to them
"Yes miss, I just want to brush her hair" the nurse replied
"Oh, that won't be necessary I would do that myself, you can go you've already done enough " I told
"Are you sure miss this is my job, I'm supposed to do this" she hesitated
"I'm sure, come on go" I urged
"Ok" she said handing thr brush to me before walking out.
"Okay time to do some brushing " I said
"May I " I asked Timmy gesturing to sit down. She nodded.
I sat down behind her and began losing the French tails I made for her yesterday, once the hair was loosed i began brushing it gently, untangling it.
As I brushed her hair I wondered where she must be from, she must come from somewhere? She couldn't have fallen from the sky, could she?
Wht bothers me most is that there has been no case of a missing person at the police station, nor any lead on who she could be related to.
And to make matters worse she's traumatised and can't talk. With all the things happening to her she needs her family by her side.
I sighed packing her hair into a bun leaving some stray strands .
I brought out a mirror from my bag for her to use bit instead she kept staring at me.
I was beginning to feel awkward. 💭Is there something on my face💭 I wondered touching my face.
"Uh.....is something wrong" I asked getting uncomfortable with her stares
"Am I dead " she asked
!!! Wait what !!! did she just talk, maybe I'm beginning to hear things still I asked
"Did you just talk"
"Am I dead" she asked instead
Now I'm sure she talked, but what's with the weird question
"No sweetie your not, you're very much alive" I said with a smile...... finally she can talk although her voice is a little hoarse
"No I must be dead, nobody is nice on earth, they're all vile and wicked so you must be an angel for you to be this nice" she said shaking her head
I wonder what she means by nobody is nice
"No you're not dead, you're alive so I'm I, there are still nice people on earth not everyone is wicked" I said with a smile.
"So you mean I'm not dead" she asked.....I nodded
"But why" she yelled so loud that it startled me.
"I'm supposed to be dead by now, i jumped into that river so i would die, how come I'm still alive " she sobbed
"I....uh.... actually found you by a waterfall so I saved you and brought you to the hospital " I explained
"What why did you do that, you should've ignored me and allowed me to die, I don't wanna live this miserable life.......
My life is worthless and useless, I'm just thrash, why did you have to save me" she kept on sobbing that I felt guilty, she must have gone through a lot for her to want to die this much.
I pulled her into a hug as she sobbed Holden me thightly wetting my clothes with her tears. I couldn't stop the tears that fell from my eyes, I'm such a softie.
"Its okay...its alright..its okay" I tried soothing her. Her sobs soon reduced to sniffles and soon she was all quiet. I realized that she had cried her self to sleep. I disengaged from the hug and laid her gently on the bed placing a pillow under her head.
Her face was stained in tears and I felt pity for her, I covered her with a duvet before calling the nurse assigned to take care of Timmy.
I told her the development and she called doctor Justin after which I left the hospital heading back home.
Tbc
Authoress goody

Comments