Hidden scars, chapter 30

Hidden scars



Episode 30

Same day
👨🏻‍🦱👨🏻‍🦱Jack pov👨🏻‍🦱👨🏻‍🦱
I grinned walking into the cafeteria, as usual girls threw sluty glances at me but I ignored them.
I can't wait to ask Whitney to be my girlfriend, I plan to ask her out on Friday night at a very romantic place.
Though I'm still afraid of rejection I still need to give it a shot.
I sat down with Stace and Jace, Erick and Kate wasn't with them.
"Hey dude, Stacey" I said giving Jace a fist pump
"Hey lover boy, you look happy" He said
"What do you mean....I'm always happy" I said
"Yeah sure, but this is different....you look like you won a lottery " he said
"Your whole face are literally smiling....so what's the secret behind that smile" Stace asked
'I feel like I won a lottery cause Whitney's back and she's single which means there's a big space for me' I wanted to say but I grinned even more.
My phone beeped inside my pocket, i brought it out and saw it was a message from Whitney.
📩Would you be busy tonight 📩 it read
📩I would love to have dinner 📩 she sent
📩sure thing barbie we can have dinner tonight 📩 I replied
📩could you also bring my siblings along, I really wanna see them📩 she sent
📩sure 👍📩 I sent
📩Great, don't tell them it's me.....that should be a surprise😉 📩 she sent
I smiled
📩no prob, so what restaurant?📩 I sent
📩McKinney Haven📩 she sent
📩Alright see you tonight😘😘📩 I sent
I dropped my phone on the table after sending the reply, Stace and Jace were staring at me suspiciously.
"What?" I asked raising my hands
They shrugged returning to their food.
👩🏾‍🦱👩🏾‍🦱Whitney pov👩🏾‍🦱👩🏾‍🦱
I arranged the groceries I bought into the fridge and cabinets.
My stomach grumbled
"Ah I'm hungry " I mumbled
I thought of an easy meal I could prepare for myself and settled for steak 🥩 and baked potatoes 🥔.
I brought about some potatoes from the sack and dumped them in the sink, then I brought a steak from the freezer and washed it in a bowl before putting it in a pan and turning on the cooker.
I placed the pan on the cooker and make sure the light was low so the steak could grill. Back to the potatoes, i washed the potatoes and peeled the back and then placed it an a baking tray.
I put the tray into the oven and turned it on. After some minutes my food was done and I took it to the breakfast bar to eat.
After eating, I went to sitting room with a glass of juice in my hand, I turned on the TV and sat down on a couch.
I changed channels till I found a suitable and watched it.
*
*
*
*
*
*
I opened my eyes to see the TV still on, I must have fell asleep watching it, I turned it off and took my phone to check the time.
It was past 7pm,
It'll soon be time to meet with Jack and my siblings for dinner, I better go get ready.
I stood up and headed to my room, I freshen up and put on some clothes before taking my bag and exiting the house.
*
*
*
*
I arrived at McKinney's restaurant and parked my car in the parking lot. I remembered what happened earlier today.
How I was almost robbed in the parking lot, panic surge through me and I hurriedly locked my car and rushed to the front door of the restaurant.
I went in and eye search for Jack and siblings, my eyes caught up with Jack's and I waved, my siblings back were turned to me so they didn't see me.
I signaled to Jack to keep quiet, and I waled gently to them.
"Hello is this seat taken" I said when I hor up to them.
Stace turned to look at me and she gasped when she saw I was the one, Jace and Erick were also In shock, it was written on their faces.
"W.h.i.t.n.e.y" Stace called, her voice laced in shock.
"The one and only babia" I said in a funny accent.
"Its you" stace yelled and engulfed me in a bone crushing hug. I smiled and hugged her tightly. Jace and Erick soon regained theirselves and joined the hug.
The hug was beginning to feel to tight
"Can't....breath" I forced out breath deprived
They let go giving me chane to breath
"You're really here, but when did you get back. .....how long have you been back and how come we didn't know" Stace asked in a rush
"I got back two days ago " I said simply
She dragged me to sit with her and began bombarding me with questions.
We talked about a lot that night, the topics were basically about me though.
After like an hour ar two we were set to home.
"I'm so glad your back ,let's hang out tomorrow " stace said
"Sure why not" I said
"Ok bye bye" she said leaving with Erick and Jace
I waved smiling brightly, I was left with Jack
"Thanks Jack" I said
"For what?" He asked
"You helped me make my surprise a success,.I wish I can repay you" I said
"If you really want to repay then will you like to have picnic with me on Friday night " he asked
"Really " I asked...he nodded
I was about to say yes when i remembered i promised to go on a date with Justin. I cant break my promise
"I'm sorry Jack i already have plans for Friday night, i promised someone I'll go on a date with him and I can't break that promise, but dont worry we can go another day" I said.
"You're going on a date?.....with whom?" He asked...he sounded jealous
"Ah...he's just a friend I know" I said
"Ok" he mumbled
"I'm sorry to disappoint you Jack" I said feeling guilty
"No..no it's ok...I understand, we can still go another time" he said
"Thanks for understanding, I gotta go now bye" I said before walking off
"Yeah later" he yelled from behind.
I know her still staring at me, and I felt a little safe, I seem have gotten a fear of parking lots.
I got to my car and entered, the engine roared to life as I turned it on, I drove out the restaurant.
I really wanted to say yes to Jack, this was the first time he'll be asking me out on a date and I had to refuse him because of Justin.
Oh well there's still a next time.
The car suddenly started making weird noises and soon it jerked coming to a halt.
Huh, I creased my brows. how can the car just stop like, it wasn't faulty this morning.
I came down from the car and opened the car front, smoked gushed out of it and I coughed.
I used my hands to blow it off and then looked into it, two particular wires were cut.
Who the hell tampered with my car. And the car stopped in the middle of nowhere.
I sighed, good thing I know how to fix this,I went to the car trunk and brought out some tools, then I took them and fix the wires back into place.
I returned the tools and entered the car, I turned it on and it worked.
Phew, thank goodness. I droved home
👨🏻‍⚕️👨🏻‍⚕️ Doctor Justin👨🏻‍⚕️👨🏻‍⚕️
I stomped my feet, how come Whitney was able fix her car....that was suppose to be my part.
I had those wires in her car cutted so she'll become stranded and I'll be the one to save her but she was able to fix her car without help.
Anyway there's still another time and I'll make sure she'll be helpless and I'll be the hero
Tbc
✍✍Authoress goody ✍✍

 

Comments